Perdita and Adam

It’s funny – some weddings are really hard work and time heavy to edit (but not shoot – that’s always heaps of fun).

This one, however, just happened. It was incredible. The hard part, however, came when it was time to choose images for the blog. To be fair, I always find that a bit of a struggle. I love my work and the people I work with and so – not surprisingly – I get really rather emotionally attached to them all and excluding them is like looking a puppy in the eye and saying ‘No. No- you can’t have my cheese. And what’s more I’ll be taking my favourite jumper back. Go sleep in the garden, Stinky’ (fyi – Winnie – if you’re reading this, you can ALWAYS have my cheese. Love, Mummy x) *digression level four UNLOCKED*

I know I’m going to sound like a bit of a stuck record if I tell you that this wedding was a really rather unlike any other. It’s true, though. And it’s true of 99% of the weddings I shoot because I work with amazing people with imaginations to match. But just bear with me a moment.

Perdita is a stand-up comic. Rarely – if ever – have I heard eyeballs discussed so readily or fully in a bride’s speech.

She did the flowers herself. Her Mum made her dress and Adam’s Mum made the wedding cake. The whole family mucked in and just MADE the food happen. Hair. Make-up – yup – that was kept in the family, too.

And all the way through editing I was remembering that tiny tiny moment during the pre-wed shoot where Perdita legged it down the beach and Adam stood. Watched. Turned to me and said ‘my GOD I love her’. And then ran to her.

The perfect love story in all.

xx

9 comments
  • Gaëtan GaumyNovember 3, 2015 - 10:11 am

A lot of beautiful image here, you capture all the different emotion we can find in a wedding. The photo of the couple by the sea are great!! I also love the detail and the landscape picture! Nice work!!ReplyCancel

• Gary LashmarNovember 3, 2015 - 8:01 am

Lots of detail here. I really like the seafront images. This captures every part of the day in full and there are so many character moments to look over. I also love the little placement of detail frames throughout.ReplyCancel

• Guy de NooijNovember 2, 2015 - 11:28 pm

….speechless….in a very positive way. It all starts with these fine preparations shots. It so nice to see them included, which are usually left out. The details shots you capture support the vibe of the day so good. Very nice and rich colours in the colour images. My favorites are the beach images, they are incredible.ReplyCancel

• AnnaNovember 2, 2015 - 12:28 pm

Not only do I wish I’d been at this wedding, but I want to be their friend. What fab images of what looks like an amazing day. I really love your B&W’s – one of my faves is the bubble shot! I’m glad you had trouble picking only a few images – I would have only been left wanting more.ReplyCancel

• Sarah-Dee ImpeyNovember 1, 2015 - 10:46 pm

love LOVE L O V E these images. I like the strong contrasty use of colour. I felt like i could totally put my hand in some of the ‘prep’ shots and taste the food. And OMG, those sun rays over the sea – awesome. Its a beautiful part of the world and you made full use of mother nature’s backdrop with those stunning beach scenes.ReplyCancel

• SimonNovember 1, 2015 - 2:05 pm

This is epically cinematic. Particularly the beach shots, but the attention to detail and light throughout blew me away. Nice work.ReplyCancel

• Monica ElgutOctober 31, 2015 - 1:54 am

My darling friend….These pictures are absolutely stunning. They tell a story of a beautiful day, like a movie but in still pictures. You really are brilliant LuLu <3 xxReplyCancel

• mikell nielsenOctober 30, 2015 - 11:06 pm

I am in love with these images and these people and this wedding! Seriously! It’s so refreshing and genius how you allow color to be what it is. Oftentimes when I’m shooting in low light and get an orange glow I try to fight it when in the processing phase but you have just taught me a very valuable lesson…let it be what it is and process it to go with the flow. I LOVE your use of color. Did I already mention that? 🙂 You have captured a rich, fun and vibrant day perfectly. What a great artist you are! You have a new admirer. 🙂ReplyCancel

• Matt jonesOctober 30, 2015 - 10:08 pm

Brilliant work here, love the landscapes and the photo journal stuff especially. You’ve really captured the essence of the day here. Great stuffReplyCancel